Dynamically Add Users in BlogEngine

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer
Jul 3, 2008 at 2:00 PM
Hi,
  I have an application running, in which sysadmins create client admins, then client admins login and create organization admins who further creates program managers. There is no specific registration functionality. After a user is created by one of the admins, the user gets added into the DB and accordingly an email is sent (username is same as the email) passing on the login information to the users. These users can login and go on to change their passwords.
This application needs a Blogging functionality. I have used BlogEngine.Net for this purpose. No issues till now. Since it was expected for the BE admin to login and add the users manually. But my client is now asking to add the users automatically to the BE Database as soon as s/he gets added to the application. I went through a few posts and found out that the best way to do will be using the SQLMembershipProvider instead of XMLMembershipProvider. I have updated the BE to a SQLMembershipProvider.
However, I still dont get how to add the users in the BE DB dynamically.
My current application doesnt use the .NET Membership Provider. Instead it just creates a user in the DB and then gives him the required access. Can I still go ahead and add this user in BE using SQLMembershipProvider. If yes, then can you let me know how do I do this? An example will be very useful in this regard. If no, then can someone say is there any other tool I can use which would solve my problem?

Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Thanx,
Subrajit