Can't use Profiles section

Jul 3, 2008 at 4:36 PM
First of all, I just want to say that I LOVE this program.  Kudos to all.  I have installed the latest v1.4 and all is working fine, but I am getting the following error when I click on the Profiles button within the Admin module.

Security Exception

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Source Error:

Line 30: 	{
Line 31: 		ProfileCommon pc = new ProfileCommon().GetProfile(name);
Line 32: cbIsPublic.Checked = pc.IsPrivate;Line 33: 		tbDisplayName.Text = pc.DisplayName;
Line 34: 		tbFirstName.Text = pc.FirstName;

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Parallon
Jul 4, 2008 at 12:02 AM
I have the same problem.

It works fine when I run it locally.  when I run it from my hosting provider I get the same error.

Jim

Jul 4, 2008 at 7:17 AM
I have the same problem, too. I'm using godaddy's host.
But I noticed when the first time I tried BE 1.4 on my host, the profile worked, but after it appeared to be an error.
Jul 5, 2008 at 2:31 PM
I'm also getting the same issue.  Anybody know how to switch it to SqlMembershipProvider?  Wondering if it is the hash code causing the problem?
Jul 5, 2008 at 3:15 PM
Also on godaddy with same results as above. On my local server it works, but the same files on my live server return the OP error. I get around this by editing profiles local them uploading the .xml.  But when I turn this site over to my clients, this will not be an option.
Jul 5, 2008 at 4:22 PM
Forget to mention that I am on GoDaddy.com as well.

Easton, which XML file are you modifying for the profiles?

Thanks,

Parallon
Jul 5, 2008 at 8:06 PM

parallon wrote:
Forget to mention that I am on GoDaddy.com as well.

Easton, which XML file are you modifying for the profiles?

Thanks,

Parallon

Go to App_Data\profiles and you'll see an xml file, since I cannot use the profile function, I guess the file name must be the same as your login name.
Jul 5, 2008 at 10:50 PM
Edited Jul 5, 2008 at 11:09 PM
I'm also unable to see the profiles page.  It works fine locally.  Here is the error I get.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: BlogEngine.Core.Providers.XmlProfileProvider..ctor()

Source Error:

Line 73: <profile enabled="true" defaultProvider="XmlProfileProvider" inherits="BlogEngine.Core.Web.AuthorProfile" 
automaticSaveEnabled="false">
Line 74: <providers>
Line 75: <add name="XmlProfileProvider" type="BlogEngine.Core.Providers.XmlProfileProvider, BlogEngine.Core"/>
Line 76: <add name="DbProfileProvider" type="BlogEngine.Core.Providers.DbProfileProvider, BlogEngine.Core"
connectionStringName="BlogEngine"/>
Line 77: </providers>

Jul 6, 2008 at 6:32 PM
Has anyone posted something into issue tracker?  Also anybody filed something with godaddy.com
Jul 8, 2008 at 1:23 PM
I see that there is an item in the issue tracker for this issue.  So please vote for it if you are experiencing the same issue.
Coordinator
Jul 8, 2008 at 10:16 PM
The issue is caused when the app is running in medium trust. I've just spent three hours trying to figure this out. Custom profile providers use reflection and that is not allowed in medium trust. It doesn't matter what you do, it wil never be able to run unless you give it a higher trust level. In the upcoming service release, we are going to remove the profile provider and add our own implementation in the blog provider. No data will be lost for current 1.4 users.
Jul 9, 2008 at 3:27 PM

Thank you for your response.  I am looking forward to the release.  ;o)

parallon

Jul 15, 2008 at 3:29 AM
Hi madskristensen,

I am new here and I also facing the same problem on accessing the 'Profilers' admin page. By the way, I am using XML provider and not any database. Does this probelm fixed in the 11/Jul release (9451) or the fixed will only be available in next release?

Cheers,
hackzai

Jul 16, 2008 at 5:05 AM
Hi,

I resolved my problem by download the latest source code (14695), and update the assembly.cs file to unamended the following line of code, then everything is working good and I can access my 'Profiles' page.

[assembly:

AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers]

Cheers,
Hackzai
Jul 25, 2008 at 12:57 AM
Hello.., I downloaded the binary and was able to install it on my web server. I have a MS hosting with SQL though the blog is currently only with XML. I get the same error as jarrettv. I have pasted the output down below. Please help. I am not sure what I need to change to make this work. If I change from XML and use SQL wil this problem be fixed? Thank you all so much in advance.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: BlogEngine.Core.Providers.XmlProfileProvider..ctor()

Source Error:

Line 69:     <profile enabled="true" defaultProvider="XmlProfileProvider" inherits="BlogEngine.Core.Web.AuthorProfile" automaticSaveEnabled="false">
Line 70: 			<providers>
Line 71: <add name="XmlProfileProvider" type="BlogEngine.Core.Providers.XmlProfileProvider, BlogEngine.Core"/>Line 72: 				<add name="DbProfileProvider" type="BlogEngine.Core.Providers.DbProfileProvider, BlogEngine.Core" connectionStringName="BlogEngine" />
Line 73: 			</providers>

Source File: E:\kunden\homepages\16\d172843033\web.config    Line: 71

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433