Jul 7, 2008 at 2:47 PM
Edited Jul 7, 2008 at 2:49 PM
1. Download and unzip source code. You’ll get a folder containing VS 2005 solution with two projects: class library (BlogEngine.Core) and web site.
2. Double click solution file (BlogEngine.sln) to run VS 2005. It will load class library but likely will fail to load a web site. No problem.
3. Right click solution in the solution explorer (top most file) and select Add-> Existing Web Site. Navigate to BlogEngine.Net in the dialog that will appear and click “open”.
4. Remove unavailable web site from solution (obviously, if it was available for you in the first place skip 3 and 4).
5. Make web site as start up project (right click -> set as start up).
6. Set reference to Core library (right click BlogEngine.Net project -> set reference -> project -> BlogEngine.Core
7. Build -> build solution.
Now you have local BlogEngine installation with compiled BlogEngine.Core.dll. To upgrade, copy this DLL to your site's bin folder along with any files in the web site that has been changed sinse previous releases.