2.5 Changing themes

Topics: Controls, Themes
Feb 13, 2012 at 9:01 AM

I would like to change theme from the mobile device to a normal theme. I have a smartphone and some times I need to edit blogengine when I am away from my desktop.

In earlier versions (2.0) you could choose which theme you wanted for mobile use,, now it says the default BlogEngine theme for mobile devices set in the Web.config. I have looked through the web config I can see

<!-- The regex used to identify mobile devices so a different theme can be shown --> <add key="BlogEngine.MobileDevices" value="(iemobile|iphone|ipod|android|nokia|sonyericsson|blackberry|samsung|sec\-|windows ce|motorola|mot\-|up.b|midp\-)" />

but cannot identify where to set the theme

Can anyone help please.

Thank you

Feb 13, 2012 at 12:49 PM

AGS,

In v2.5 you select go to Settings -> Themes where you'll see you current or "Active" theme selections at the top of the page.  Scroll down where you'll see other available themes in your site which you can set as the current theme or current mobile theme.

Good luck,
Dave

Feb 13, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Thanks Dave, if I have uploaded a theme that isnt in the gallery how how do you choose to set it for mobile use?

Coordinator
Feb 13, 2012 at 3:27 PM

In 2.5 : admin -> settings -> themes -> set as mobile theme.

Feb 13, 2012 at 10:14 PM

AGS,

In case it's not appearing in the list for you to follow rtur's instructions, there's no .XML or additional configuration you have to do after you upload the theme to your /blog/themes directory.  You may need to touch the web.config for the theme to appear.

-Dave

Feb 14, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Thanks for the help, I was kind of hoping to use my own customised theme for the mobile options as well. I have added it, but it only appears once in the list,

Do I have to register my design for it to appear in the list of selectable option?

Thanks again

Coordinator
Feb 14, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Open app_data/settings.xml and modify value for mobile theme to be the same as for regular theme, then restart IIS for changes to be applied.

Feb 15, 2012 at 1:29 PM

That does the tick thank you