playing video

Feb 13, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I have uploaded a video using the insert video facility and although I can see it on my computer no one else can view it. Any idea what the problem might be.

On my android phone the player does not show and on my friends computer it is a big black square.

Is the problem a compatibility issue with silverlight and not everyone has up to date operating systems. Does not seem to matter what browser they are using.

Any advise?

Feb 15, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Making very little progress with this...

The page I originally posted the video clip is at www.ryehouse.co/visitus. I have the MediaElementPlayer 1.5 extension installed on BE2.5, but from those I have contacted only I can view and play the media.

Tried a test page at www.ryehouse.co/page/come-visit.aspx with three different alternatives for video and again only I can view and play it. 

Now either my friends are pulling together and playing tricks on me or I am going round the bend!

I tried embedding youtube and vimeo code right into the WYSIWYG html editor without the extension. As I can play now these on my phone I am guessing that perhaps I do not need the extentions on BE2.5? As far as I am aware the youtube extention is for version BE2.0 anyways right?

Any help please, not entirely sure what to do next.

Coordinator
Feb 15, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Not sure what is going on, but I can see all 3 videos, even using IE7.

Feb 15, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Cheers rtur,

Nice to to hear some assurance that it is probably them and not me.