Content Encoding Error

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jul 8, 2008 at 2:36 PM
After upgrading to Firefox 3 I receive this error:

Content Encoding Error
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.
    * Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

I turned off:

<label for="ctl00_cphAdmin_cbEnableCompression">Enable HTTP compression</label> <input id="ctl00_cphAdmin_cbEnableCompression" name="ctl00$cphAdmin$cbEnableCompression" type="checkbox">Makes the pages load faster (recommended).
<label for="ctl00_cphAdmin_cbRemoveWhitespaceInStyleSheets">Trim stylesheets</label> <input id="ctl00_cphAdmin_cbRemoveWhitespaceInStyleSheets" name="ctl00$cphAdmin$cbRemoveWhitespaceInStyleSheets" type="checkbox">Makes all stylesheets of any theme smaller by removing all whitespace at runtime.
<label for="ctl00_cphAdmin_cbEnableOpenSearch">Enable OpenSearch</label> <input id="ctl00_cphAdmin_cbEnableOpenSearch" name="ctl00$cphAdmin$cbEnableOpenSearch" type="checkbox">Adds the search feature to all new browsers (recommended).

But I still receive the error. What can I do to make this work? I would rather fix my site to work in all browsers then my browser to work with site for obvious reasons.
Jul 28, 2008 at 11:51 PM
I have the same problem. Anyone?
Jul 31, 2008 at 8:17 PM
Are you using godaddy hosting, I moved my site to a different (non godaddy) server and it works fine.

Anyone else having this problem and if so what host do you have?
Jul 31, 2008 at 11:04 PM
Maybe someone else will be in the "GoDaddy" boat, but we have our own server her on premises.
Coordinator
Aug 1, 2008 at 2:09 AM
I'm on GoDaddy (http://rtur.net). Never had problem. What version are you using?
Sep 2, 2008 at 5:59 PM
I had the same problem and host on GoDaddy.  Find this line in the web.config file:

<add name="CompressionModule" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.CompressionModule, BlogEngine.Core"/>

It is located in the <httpModules> section.  Once you find it, comment it out and it will work fine.  At least, that is what fixed my issue.