Widget columns

Topics: Themes
Jul 9, 2008 at 11:08 PM
Typical blog themes come in 2 column and 3 column layouts.  Are there plans to have multiple widget containers on a page, where some widgets are in one, while other widgets are on the other container? 

It is a bit limiting that if you want to support widgets in your themes, then you are basically limited to 2 column layouts, unless you want to hard code half of your sidebars, like we did in 1.3.

Jesse
Coordinator
Jul 10, 2008 at 12:03 AM
Yes, we have plans to allow for multiple widget zones
Jul 10, 2008 at 2:51 AM
Sounds good.  It should be easy enough to retrofit whatever themes we create till that is ready.  Thanks for the reply.

Jesse Foster | jf26028

madskristensen wrote:
Yes, we have plans to allow for multiple widget zones

Feb 19, 2009 at 9:41 PM
Is there any update on this? Is it possible in recent releases?

Thanks.
Feb 20, 2009 at 12:09 AM
Edited Feb 20, 2009 at 12:11 AM
I know that this feature was rolled out with version 1.4.5.  I have seen people implement the controls in the themes with two (2) and three (3) columns.  I just finished a new theme, you can see it here http://wwwichoosetofeel.net.  I am working on this in a custom BE.N installation.  I will post the code when I have completed it.  Has anyone else attempted this and wants to share?
Feb 20, 2009 at 2:29 AM
So what's the trick of it? Adding multiple WidgetZone controls to the maste page just produces an error.