website integration / multiple themes

Topics: Controls, Themes
Jul 10, 2008 at 10:56 AM
I've just started to look into BE to be used as a simple Content management system. It has everything I need. It's simple to use, user access, comments etc.. So far it looks great.

But I want to integrate this into my exsisting website. Basically i want my default homepage to show an extract of the 5 latests posts from the blog, and then be able to click the more link to open the entire blog post. I want to use all the standard blog functionality for administration / editing etc. I've found 3 ways so far that might work:

1. Use the blog completely standard and use a RSS feader on my original site. But then i guess i will have troubles formating pictures etc. that is a part of the blog.
2. build a new usercontrol (based on the standard one) that I can use in my homepage. This might be the best way.. but also the most time consuming.
3. run 2 themes at the same time. The idea is to have a  plain theme with no menu, search, admin/edit etc. that I can put in an IFrame on my page, and then the standard theme if I navigate to the /blog folder.

My guess is that the last option is the easiest and fastest... but is it possible ? Does anyone have a better way, or even better, does anyone have an example of this ?
Aug 17, 2008 at 2:38 PM
Have you made any progress here?  I am interested in doing something similar (kinda like how people use WordPress as a CMS)
Aug 20, 2008 at 4:13 PM
I installed Blog Engine on SQL Server so it was easier to just pull the blog list from the Database, it might be a good option for you.

Aug 20, 2008 at 6:18 PM
well... then it would just be easier to write the hole thing myself and support only the things i need..

Anyway.. it's been summer now so I've made no progress. I guess I have to google to see if i find anything that can do a better job for me