upgrade 1.4.0.8->1.4.0.15 fails

Jul 14, 2008 at 5:39 PM
Hi All: I had 1.4.0.8 running using the sql provider, downloaded/compiled the source for 1.4.0.15, copied everything over to website, opened web.config and edited the connection string and re-set the provider to "DbBlogProvider", and now I'm getting:

The method or operation is not implemented.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: The method or operation is not implemented.

Source Error:

Line 3:  <div class="post xfolkentry">
Line 4: <h1><a href="<%=Post.RelativeLink %>" class="taggedlink"><%=Server.HtmlEncode(Post.Title) %></a></h1>
Line 5: <span class="author">by <a href="<%=VirtualPathUtility.ToAbsolute("~/") + "author/" + Post.Author %>.aspx"><%=Post.AuthorProfile != null ? Post.AuthorProfile.DisplayName : Post.Author %></a></span>
Line 6: <span class="pubDate"><%=Post.DateCreated.ToString("d. MMMM yyyy HH:mm") %></span>
Line 7:

Jul 14, 2008 at 5:44 PM
FWIW: I also get an error clicking on "profiles" in the admin:

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: The method or operation is not implemented.

Source Error:

Line 30: 	private void SetProfile(string name)
Line 31: {
Line 32: AuthorProfile pc = AuthorProfile.GetProfile(name);
Line 33: if (pc != null)
Line 34: {

Source File: d:\websites\genlocal\admin\Pages\Profiles.aspx.cs    Line: 32

Jul 15, 2008 at 1:46 AM

I'm having a similar problem after upgrading beyond 1.4.8 - here's how my problem manifested:

Source Error:

Line 1623:				public override List<AuthorProfile> FillProfiles()
Line 1624:				{
Line 1625: throw new Exception("The method or operation is not implemented.");Line 1626:				}
Line 1627:    }

Source File: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\BlogEngine.Core\Providers\DbBlogProvider.cs    Line: 1625

Jul 15, 2008 at 1:55 AM

Stack Trace:

BlogEngine.Core.Providers.DbBlogProvider.FillProfiles() in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\BlogEngine.Core\Providers\DbBlogProvider.cs:1625
BlogEngine.Core.Providers.BlogService.FillProfiles() in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\BlogEngine.Core\Providers\BlogService.cs:232
BlogEngine.Core.AuthorProfile.get_Profiles() in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\BlogEngine.Core\AuthorProfile.cs:45
BlogEngine.Core.AuthorProfile.GetProfile(String username) in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\BlogEngine.Core\AuthorProfile.cs:284
BlogEngine.Core.Post.get_AuthorProfile() in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\BlogEngine.Core\Post.cs:64
ASP.themes_standard_postview_ascx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) in c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\ELWW\themes\Standard\PostView.ascx:5