Several issues with 1.4

Jul 16, 2008 at 12:02 PM
First though, i want to thank Mads and the team for this new release, that brought so many nice features with it.
My problems:
- The BlogML import doesn't seem to import the tags, which clearly are in the .xml file
- I seem to be unable to delete widgets i don't want. When i try to, i get asked for a username and password, but neither my blog nor my webserver credentials work. After cancelling, the widget disappears, but reappears when i refresh the page. Is this a matter of permissions on the webserver?
- I also have the not working Profiles page. I realize, that this has been fixed in developer releases, when will a patch or renewed version be available?
- In the Editor page, the buttons for Upload (file/picture) are partially above the respective Find buttons. I use German translation and the German word for "Find" is "Durchsuchen" which is a lot longer than the english one. I guess that unlike in 1.3 the position for the second button is fixed, not relative to the first.
- Why did the edit users function have to go? I found that quite helpful.
- And speaking of editing - it would be nice to edit the blogroll-entries and their order.
- finally to wishes: Editing comments would be nice, but even more so i would like to use favicons independent of the chosen theme.
Jul 16, 2008 at 10:40 PM
- The BlogML importer will get a major overhaul soon
- The widget stuff has been greatly improved in later changesets and will be released soon
- The profile page is fixed. Medium trust environments doesn't allow for use of the ProfileProvider in ASP.NET. It will also be released soon
- I'll see what to do about the "Durchsuchen" button and put that in the release as well
- The edit user feature has been reinsteated
- Blogroll editing will be part of the roadmap for 1.5
- ...and so are editing comments.

The release that's coming soon will be called 1.4.5 and contains a lot of fixes and also some new features.
Jul 17, 2008 at 9:44 PM
Thanks for your quick reply. I am looking forward to 1.4.5.
Still my blog runs fine as is and i really appreciate all the work you put into this project.