Problems in 1.4

Jul 21, 2008 at 8:32 AM
Hi there,

having played around with BE.NET 1.4 for a while now, these are the problems I faced:

- Login for new users fails when using XML provider (there's a bug that the the password instead of the hash is stored within the XML file)
- Editing users is not possible
- If you rename the "Administrators" group, the new group has not the same rights (even if you set the new group as admin group in the config file)
- It is not possible without further ado to have page titles different from the slug - every time you edit the page, the slug gets set newly to the title and the manually set value is overwritten

Since all of them are no big issues IMHO, it would be great if they could get fixed soon - perhaps in a 1.4.1 bugfix release ...

Cheerio,


Golo
Sep 10, 2008 at 4:18 PM
Hello,

I am having the same problem, it asked me to reset my password and I can not get in now even if I change the xml file
Sep 10, 2008 at 4:28 PM
I replaced my App_Data folder and started over.

I go to login, it goes to /admin/ContactForms.aspx

I go back and see that I am logged in and able to edit. I am a little worried moving forward to post stuff.