Spam email sent from my blog on my behalf

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer
Jul 21, 2008 at 6:40 PM
Kinda weird, but I have got a couple of emails that look like they were sent from me in my inbox. They are from someone else -- sent "on my behalf" but they actually are just sending spam messages. The email subject has my "site name Blog email" so it know it's related to my Blog. So, how can some send an email on my behalf without my permission. Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted withing BlogEngine.NET?
Jul 22, 2008 at 4:30 AM
You have probably configured your email settings and pressed the test email button. (Control panel->Settings->"Test email settings")
If successful the blog will send you an email to notify that it worked.

Be happy cause it mean you have successfully configure your blog to receive notifications.

Jul 22, 2008 at 9:32 PM
No. I'm not configuring my email settings. I have got two email now from someone sending email on my behalf. In the subject it has the same text that I have in the subject prefix under setting, E-mail. I guess since I currently have my own email in the E-Mail settings, what I'm seeing are solictitations. The "on behalf" is jut a little freaky, since they really are not on behalf of me.
Jul 22, 2008 at 9:35 PM
I'll change the email address to something like site-support, instead me my regular email, and see if next time it's sent on behalf of site-support.