SqlMembershipProvider & SqlRoleProvider on Remote

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jul 22, 2008 at 2:22 AM
I can store my posts , pages.. in ms sql 2005 in local and remote. I also wanted to store my membership & role in ms sql ..  I can do it with regsql then add roles and members in ASP.NET configuration at visual studio easily . My blog runs super in local with sql. But in remote server how can I add roles and members ? I can create tables in regsql remotely but as I searched internet , we can't reach asp.net configuration remotely , can we ? Or another ways to add roles and members?
Jul 22, 2008 at 3:03 AM
Hi alpcoker!

I don't know if this will work for you, but I used regsql locally exactly as you described, then copied the database to the host before populating it.  I integrated ASPNET Membership between BlogEngine.NET and a Photo Gallery app called Gallery Server Pro, so it worked really well.

I blogged about modifying the web.config to support ASPNET Membership in 1.4 here.

Jul 22, 2008 at 10:39 AM
thanks for your reply and advice.. I thinked and tried out that method (locally do it , then remotely copy) first I wanted to do it with generate scripts in ms sql. But that gave me some errors , then as the rows I needed to copy (all aspnet tables) are small number. So I manually copy all rows in aspnet tables with working roles and users in locally to server side aspnet tables. Then I cant login with that user