1.4.0.28 and Server time offset

Jul 26, 2008 at 3:35 PM
Just put 1.4.0.28 on my blog.
I had the Server time offset set to 10.
When I've clicked the Subscribe button, I got this error:

Server Error in '/blog' Application.
Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: utcDate
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: utcDate

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: utcDate]
   System.Web.HttpCachePolicy.UtcSetLastModified(DateTime utcDate) +3352419
   System.Web.HttpCachePolicy.SetLastModified(DateTime date) +47
   BlogEngine.Core.Utils.SetConditionalGetHeaders(DateTime date) +263
   BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.SyndicationHandler.SetHeaderInformation(HttpContext context, List`1 items, SyndicationFormat format) +486
   BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.SyndicationHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +340
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +358
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

For the moment I've simply set the Server time offset to 1 to get rid of that error.
Thanks!
Aug 8, 2008 at 6:52 PM
I'm getting the same error.  Offset = 2 though for me.
Aug 9, 2008 at 7:28 AM
It is a bug, you can find the solution here:
http://www.codeplex.com/blogengine/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=7166

but you need to modify the core manually and recompile it into a dll.
Aug 9, 2008 at 8:29 PM
Hi,
Looks like your fix has been incorporated in the source code 1.4.5.1. So this issue has been fixed.
Works fine for me now.
Thanks!
Nov 2, 2008 at 1:16 PM
I was just thrown the error described above this morning; just so happens we switched from daylight savings time...could the bug still be alive?