Resize image on upload

Aug 13, 2008 at 10:14 AM
I need to restrict the image size to a specific width when the image is uploaded.
Is it possible to detect the image dimensions once its uploaded and also resize it if its more than specfic width?

Nov 15, 2010 at 2:51 PM

This person is asking about resizing an image on upload but there's no response. I need this capability also. I'm using v1.6.1 but when an image is uploaded on the Add Entry page, the full image is displayed. I have to manually edit the image after upload to resize the width and height.

Is there a way to set a max width and max height for image uploads?

Nov 16, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Does anyone know if this is possible? Is it already built in and I'm just overlooking the settings to set max size (width and height)?

Nov 20, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Not sure if this will meet your needs, but if your authors use Windows Live Writer, you can set a specific size for images when they are uploaded. The image is automatically scaled before being posted to the site.

Nov 23, 2010 at 4:01 PM

I looked into the Windows Live Writer. I didn't know about this. It seemed to work very nice. I'll give it a try.

It would still be nice if the dotnetblogengine admin had the ability to resize the images on upload....or at least a setting to set a max width and height on upload.

Mar 16, 2011 at 2:34 PM

are there instructions somewhere on how to integrate windows live writer into the blog editor? I really would like to be able to resize the images on upload. Its a feature that I can't believe is not already a part of it. Right now you have to do an html resize which is bad for page load.