missing posts visible in posts table

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Aug 28, 2008 at 2:46 AM
Hi all,

I'm trying to get a better understanding of how BE works when it comes to displaying posts.  I have a copy of BE on my dev box and a live copy on another server.  I have to make some changes as well as upgrade to the latest BE so I copied the live db back to local.  I did this by using the database publishing wizard to export the full live db.  I then pasted the resultant text into SQL Server Management Studio Express and executing it.  I don't get any errors and when I view the Posts table I can see 28 posts which is correct.

However, when I actually open the blog on my dev box I still only see the original dozen or so posts that were created during the original dev phase.  These posts were copied to live in the original deployment using the Database Publishing Wizard.

Does anybody have any idea why my local dev version will not show all the new posts that were created on live?  The local dev database is now an exact copy of what is on live. 

UPDATE - Before hitting send I decided to copy of the App_Data from live.  I had already gone through it visually and I couldn't see any files that contained post references.  However, copying it made the missing posts visible.  Now I know the solution I still need to understand why :)  So, my question is now:  what file in App_Data controls the visibility of the posts?

Thanks,

Troy
Aug 28, 2008 at 2:27 PM
This may be because you use e.g. # chyracter in tags .. .this is bug in BE ... if I add "c#" to tags, BE don't display post.