Installing themes

Mar 6, 2012 at 2:04 PM

I am trying to install a few themes into my BE 2.5 setup - (AllTuts and ArthemiaPro) and I am getting error messages.

I need some help - this should not be too complicated.

Thanks 

Coordinator
Mar 6, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Some themes can use core API that has been change since theme was created. If you post errors you getting that will be easier to tell what change you might need without someone having to install the theme to answer your question.

Mar 6, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Hi rtur,

You make a very good point.

When I click to preview AllTuts 2.5.0.1 theme:

Server Error in '/' Application.

The file '/themes/RazorHost/site.master' does not exist.

then when I compile with ArthemiaPro - I get these errors: 

Error 48 'BlogEngine.Core.BlogSettings' does not contain a definition for 'FileExtension' and no extension method 'FileExtension' accepting a first argument of type 'BlogEngine.Core.BlogSettings' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MyLabels\Blog\BlogEngine\BlogEngine.NET\themes\ArthemiaPro\PostViewFrontPage.ascx.cs 104

Error 49 'BlogEngine.Core.BlogSettings' does not contain a definition for 'StorageLocation' and no extension method 'StorageLocation' accepting a first argument of type 'BlogEngine.Core.BlogSettings' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MyLabels\Blog\BlogEngine\BlogEngine.NET\themes\ArthemiaPro\PostViewFrontPage.ascx.cs 182

Error 50 'BlogEngine.Core.BlogSettings' does not contain a definition for 'StorageLocation' and no extension method 'StorageLocation' accepting a first argument of type 'BlogEngine.Core.BlogSettings' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MyLabels\Blog\BlogEngine\BlogEngine.NET\themes\ArthemiaPro\PostViewFrontPage.ascx.cs 243

thanks for your help

Coordinator
Mar 6, 2012 at 5:10 PM

You can change StorageLocation to Blog.CurrentInstance.StorageLocation and FileExtension to BlogConfig.FileExtension to fix ArthemiaPro. Not sure about AllTuts.

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Thanks - the fixes worked for ArthemiaPro

would you know who I could contact for AllTuts?

Thanks for your help

Coordinator
Mar 7, 2012 at 2:10 AM

AllTuts worked fine for me, no errors.