BlogEngine won’t run in Visual Studio 2008 – trouble with source control

Sep 3, 2008 at 8:49 AM
Edited Sep 3, 2008 at 8:58 AM
Hi there,
I have trouble trying to run BlogEngine 1.4.5 in Visual Studio 2008.
When I open the .sln file the Conversion Wizard comes up. After clicking "Finish" a message that says:
"The source control provider associated with this solution could not be found. The projects will be treated as not under source control."

And the question:
"Do you want to permanently remove the source control bindings from the projects? Yes / No".

And no matter if I’ll chose yes or no in the Solution Explorer the folder BlogEngine.NET is shown as "unavailable" below it also says "The project file was unloaded".

I actually don’t know much about source control but I know within the Blogengine.sln file there is another file which seems to be a source control metadata file (whatever that is…).

So my request for help is obvious. Since I’ve installed VisualStudio 2008 I can’t work with this project anymore…

I hope anybody can help me.

Thanks in advance!
Sep 3, 2008 at 11:12 PM
It works well in my computer,which file you download?
Sep 4, 2008 at 10:51 AM
Edited Sep 4, 2008 at 10:54 AM
I've downloaded over SVN bridgie the recent version and I've also used the download version 16659 from the Source Code page.
It seems to be a problem with VS 2008 and the source control which I don't know yet much about.

What Visual Studio do you use? And did you've got the Conversion Wizard when you open the .sln file the first time?
Sep 5, 2008 at 3:12 AM
Hi,this video will help you .
http://www.box.net/shared/o1mvvlt3xf
Sep 5, 2008 at 8:39 AM
Great! What is this Japanese or Chinese... anyway I think this might help! Thank's so far I'll try it.
Sep 5, 2008 at 9:00 AM
I am from China. :)
Sep 5, 2008 at 11:38 AM
Hey great I just have some time to check out your presentation. It’s not easy to follow all the Chinese menu elements, also because on my Visual Studio Professional 2008 the Conversion Wizard pipes up some other confirm windows. I denied all questions about removing source control did created the website in the solution explorer menu as you did and there it runs! Thank you very much!

ComPlex