meta tags (SEO) - dynamic pages - Google Webmaster Tools

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Mar 14, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Edited Mar 14, 2012 at 5:46 PM

I am addressing issues found in Google Webmaster Tools - HTML suggestions for my blogEngine.NET blog.

1. Duplicate meta descriptions - I have several pages with the same meta description. These all look like dymanic pages. They also look like the have unique <title> tags. So, how can I make unique meta descriptions for these pages?

Example URLs:

2. Short meta description - The archive page only displays: Archive | [Insert Blog Title Here] as the meta description.

In the archive.aspx.cs file, I found this in the code: 

base.AddMetaTag("description", Resources.labels.archive + " | " + BlogSettings.Instance.Name);

Can I change this to something like the code below to make the description longer?

base.AddMetaTag("description", Resources.labels.archive + " | " + BlogSettings.Instance.Name) + " - This is the archive page for our blog. More description goes here etc. ";

URL: Blog/archive.aspx

Apr 16, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I see the same issue, from an SEO perspective these are being considered as duplicate pages.  see examples:

Anyone have any suggestions how to best deal with this in BE 2.5.  Thanks in advance.

May 26, 2012 at 5:02 AM

Did anyone manage to get an answer for this?

Cos I'm seeing lots of duplicate title tags due to this

Is there a simple way to add - Page 2 into the title tag and meta tags?
Also getting a big issue with the tags page, which point to the home page so are causing duplicate errors on my most important page :(
really appreciate some help here please

Sep 6, 2012 at 1:39 AM

i have a bunch of urls like:

that should and do also have a properly formed URL from a SEO persepective, but GWT sees two pages

if someone could explain what BE is doing to be serving out the same page thru two different URLs i'd appreciate it