Tag Cloud

Topics: Controls
Mar 16, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Hi i have problem with Tag Cloud controls , the words are always the same size, don't change never...

what is the problem???

can you help me??

bye

Fabry

Mar 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Edited Mar 16, 2012 at 6:39 PM

If you are using any browser other than Internet Explorer, right click any tag and select inspect element (F12 key for developer tools in IE, or just view source) and in the inspection window that pops up, check that the tag element has a class indicating size i.e. class small, medium, big etc. Assuming it does, then chances are you are using a theme that lacks the CSS to style the tag cloud. Search the "Standard" theme "style" file for "tagcloud" and copy the styles to your theme's style sheet. You can alter the CSS to suit after that.

PS

Before doing that look at your theme's CSS for any kind of styling for tags, it's possible that the class names don't match. The standard tagcloud control assigns the class "tagcloud" to the tags container. Your CSS needs to have a class that matches.

Mar 16, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Nothing, don't work , i have check all... how you say me

ok i have this situation

CSS

.widget .rightBoxMid ul li a img
{
    display:none;
}
.tagcloud ul
{
    padding-top: 10px !important;
}
.tagcloud li, .widget tagcloud .content ul li
{
    border-bottom-color:  !important;
    border-bottom-width: medium !important;
    border-bottom-style: none !important;
    display: inline;
}
.tagcloud a.smallest
{
    font-size:100%;
}
.tagcloud a.small
{
    font-size:115%;
}
.tagcloud a.medium
{
    font-size:130%;
}
.tagcloud .a.big
{
    font-size:145%;
}
.tagcloud a.biggest
{
    font-size:160%;
}

code widget asp.net

<div class="widget tagcloud"
    id="widget549818f2-1ec8-48eb-bbcc-cbbadb6fdc6d">
    <a class="delete" href="#" onclick="BlogEngine.widgetAdmin.removeWidget('549818f2-1ec8-48eb-bbcc-cbbadb6fdc6d');return false" title="Delete widget"><span class="widgetImg imgDelete">&nbsp;</span></a><a class="edit" href="#" onclick="BlogEngine.widgetAdmin.editWidget('Tag cloud', '549818f2-1ec8-48eb-bbcc-cbbadb6fdc6d');return false" title="Edit widget"><span class="widgetImg imgEdit">&nbsp;</span><a class="move" href="#" onclick="BlogEngine.widgetAdmin.initiateMoveWidget('549818f2-1ec8-48eb-bbcc-cbbadb6fdc6d');return false" title="Move widget"><span class="widgetImg imgMove">&nbsp;</span></a>
        <h2>Tag cloud</h2>

<ul id="widgetContainer549818f21ec848ebbbcccbbadb6fdc6d_549818f21ec848ebbbcccbbadb6fdc6d_ulTags"><li><a href="/BlogEngine/?tag=/3D" class="smallest" title="Tag: 3D">3D</a> </li><li><a href="/BlogEngine/?tag=/abito" class="small" title="Tag: abito">abito</a> </li></ul>
</div>

Andy can you help me?
thanksss
Fabry
Mar 16, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Hi Fabry,

Any chance you can post a link to your site or email it to me, I have a fair idea what might be wrong, but I'd need to try a couple of things.

Mar 17, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Edited Mar 17, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Thanks for the link. 

Some of the general styling in this theme is really quite specific, your tag styles will need to be more specific.

Try swapping what you have for tag sizes with the following.

/* Current styling */

.tagcloud a.smallest
{
    font-size:100%;
}
.tagcloud a.small
{
    font-size:115%;
}
.tagcloud a.medium
{
    font-size:130%;
}
.tagcloud .a.big
{
    font-size:145%;
}
.tagcloud a.biggest
{
    font-size:160%;
}

/* Replace with this */

#footerInner div.widget.tagcloud ul li a.smallest {
	font-size: 100% !important;
}
#footerInner div.widget.tagcloud ul li a.small {
	font-size: 115% !important;
}
#footerInner div.widget.tagcloud ul li a.medium
{
    font-size:130% !important;
}
#footerInner div.widget.tagcloud ul li a.big
{
    font-size:145% !important;
}
#footerInner div.widget.tagcloud ul li a.biggest
{
    font-size:160% !important;
}

I would be surprised if this doesn't sort things.

If it does not, try moving the rules for the tag cloud to the bottom of your stylesheet.

The problem is specificity, so it might involve a little try and see.

Let us know how you get on.

Mar 17, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Andy thank you very much... now work very well

Fabry