Download the source code.....and then what?

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Mar 17, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Hi everyone

I have downloaded the source code and made a peoject in vs 2010 - but it's one big error. Where do I find documentation or help for getting  the code up and run in vs2010

all best

Mar 17, 2012 at 1:07 PM

The easiest way to get BE up and running is to download the recommended version which is the (web) version.

Mar 17, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Thanks for your answer jerrysdean43

I'a aware of the web version - but that dont help me if I want to intergrate and customize the BE into my site.

So I'm still looking for help

Mar 17, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I found this post helpful.

Mar 17, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Andy_McKay Thank you.

Thank you - it's so rare you meet people, who actual answer your quistion - insted of trying to promote themself.

Thank you, I'm up running now. But I still need that manuel - how do I customize skin/theme in vs2010 and how do I deal with the membership/login issue.

I want to use BE inside my site and users login to my site. Now I do not need another login to use BE, it should be a single login?

Thanks again - and I'm still looking for help.

Mar 17, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Edited Mar 17, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Glad you're up and running.

I haven't actually integrated BE into an existing site, but perhaps the easiest way to make any style modifications is with CSS via your choosen theme stylesheet. There's a good guide on how to do it on Rtur's site along with a heap of other useful tips (worth a good browse). As regards the login, I'm not terribly well up on that, but this discussion might provide some insight.

Best of luck