Admin links and updates not working on new install

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Mar 18, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Hi all,

I have a fresh install of BE 2.5 from the control panel of my hosting company.  The install was fine but I had to request write access to the app_data folder.  They stated it was done but I've noticed that I can't update the title or subline of the blog.  When I click to update these settings, the page reloads and retains the changes on the form but there are no errors and the settings aren't changed on the blog.  Also, some of the links to add things like users and pages don't work.  The hyperlinks link to that current page with a # at the end and do nothing when clicked.

Are these issues related to a lack of permissions on the app_data folder?  If not, what could be causing these issues?

Thanks,

Mark

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2012 at 2:40 AM

It could be a permissions issue on the App_Data folder, but I think you might see an error message in that case.  It may be a JavaScript problem.  If you have Firefox available, you can open up the Error Console (Ctrl-Shift-J) and see if any JavaScript errors are reported as you are trying to make changes in the BE control panel.  You might want to also try the same changes you are trying to make in a different browser, just to see if that makes any difference.

Mar 18, 2012 at 4:05 AM

Hi Ben,

There are some JS errors.  Here are a few:

error in parsing value for filter.  delcaration dropped. (page = /admin/settings/main.css)

$ is not defined (page = /settings/main.aspx)

There was some "no element found" errors and the page is referred to was something on yahoo but is way too long to type here.

Could this be an install issue with the control panel?  Should I delete the files and install using the files directly from the BE website?

Thanks,

Mark

Mar 18, 2012 at 4:20 AM

Being impatient as I am, I deleted all the files from the control panel installation and installed it using the source code and all is well.

Thanks for assistance!

Mark