Maximum request length exceeded.

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Apr 5, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Edited Apr 5, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Hey there, I'm trying to upload a mp3 using the "insert video" button and I'm getting the following error...

Source : System.Web
StackTrace : at System.Web.HttpRequest.GetEntireRawContent()
at System.Web.HttpRequest.GetMultipartContent()
at System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection()
at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form()
at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Item(String key)
at BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.CompressionModule.ContextPostReleaseRequestState(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\Projects\BlogEngine-HG-10\Source\BlogEngine\BlogEngine.Core\Web\HttpModules\CompressionModule.cs:line 127
at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
TargetSite : System.Web.HttpRawUploadedContent GetEntireRawContent()

I've set my maximum file size and time out to 0 (unlimited) in the settings.

Apr 5, 2012 at 5:46 PM

You might try to turn off http compression in settings/advanced if this is compression issue as error implies.

Apr 5, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I turned off the HTTP compression and got the same error when retrying the upload.

Apr 5, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Did you try smaller file? When you saying you manually uploaded - do you mean by FTP? It could be that host allows FTP large files but has a limit on HTTP transfers.

Apr 5, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Ok, I was able to manually (FTP) upload the file to my host and got it to play in the HTML5 player. I edited my original post to eliminate that aspect.

So the player works just fine on a large file if it is FTP'd and pointed to. The error I encountered happens if I use the "insert video" upload option in a blog post... that still happens.

Glad there's a workaround but still curious about the error. Perhaps setting the file size and timeout settings to 0 is bugged... though there doesn't seem to be anyone really complaining about it so I dunno.

Thanks for your help, rtur.

Apr 6, 2012 at 3:53 AM

No problem. By the way, how big the file you having issue with? I'd try it locally and with remote host to see if there is something to worry about before we push new release.

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:27 PM

The file is 17mb. How does remote host work?