Posts only show up when logged in.

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer
Sep 8, 2008 at 11:05 AM
I just uploaded my working copy of blogengine onto my webhost4life hosting provider.

When I go to the page, before I'm logged in... there is only a message to view old posts (the posts do not show up before logged in).  However when I do login, I can view the posts/categories/tags etc.

The pages are working fine and I can edit settings so I don't think its a permissions issue...

Anyone have any thoughts?
Sep 8, 2008 at 12:42 PM
Check the server offset time and the time of your posts.  I had that issue when I first started using BlogEngine.  Turns out that I set the server offset time in the config file to 2 hours in the wrong direction.  My posts would then show up 4 hours later. 

FYI.  Posts don't show unless the post time is past the current time with the server offset or something like that.   But it will show up if your logged in, so as to let users edit it before going live.

Sep 8, 2008 at 1:42 PM
Note that there is a current issue with Server Time Offset in release When set to a positive integer your RSS feed fails; the /syndication.axd page cannot generate feeds. Until this is fixed, or unless you can code the fix on the link above, you need to keep your Time Offset at 0 or a negative integer.

It could be something as simple that you've unchecked the Publish checkbox. If so, you're only able to see your posts when logged in as Admin. You should see a hint on the Post Editor stating "There are xx unpublished posts". When logged out, you would see only posts that have been published with the Publish checkbox checked.
Sep 8, 2008 at 2:04 PM
I'm not sure what the deal was... I think it may have been a time
differential and I'll look into that (thanks guys) because everything
seems to be working fine now.