AllTuts v 2.5.0.1 theme

Apr 15, 2012 at 5:53 AM
Edited Apr 15, 2012 at 5:57 AM

Installed the above and the widgets do not work in either Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.

No problem with other themes.

I cannot delete or edit the widgets.  Anyone one else experiencing this issue or have a fix.  Thank you.

Using BE 2.5.0.6

Coordinator
Apr 15, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Edited Apr 15, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Hi.  I took a look at this, while testing under the latest build of BE (not 2.5.0.6 but 2.5.0.43).  I found 2 problems though which prevented the widget functions from working (move & edit, probably delete also).  One problem is a change needs to be made to WidgetContainer.cshtml in the AllTuts them folder.  Around line 23 in that file is this:

id="widget-@(Model.Widget.WidgetId)">

that should be changed by removing the hyphen, so it becomes:

id="widget@(Model.Widget.WidgetId)">

At this point, your widget might start working.  There is a 2nd problem, at least on the version I'm testing with where there are some JavaScript errors.  A couple of changes need to be made to the site.cshtml file in the AllTuts folder.  It's probably easiest if I just paste that in here the revised site.cshtml file ... below.

EDIT:  I removed all that markup, and just put the site.cshtml file here for download (of course remove the TXT extension).

Apr 15, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Thanks Ben

I uploaded your file and it is not working correctly, the widget titles are missing and it creates triplications of the admin options.

See here:

http://www.tftm.keeponhiking.com/

Login with admin, admin

Coordinator
Apr 15, 2012 at 3:21 PM

The site doesn't appear to be using the updated site.cshtml file.  It looks like it's the old one, with the <script> tags up in the head section.  That site.cshtml file should go into the AllTuts theme folder.  Perhaps you copied it to a different folder.  The <script> tags should be in the <body> section.

Also, do you have a WidgetContainer.cshtml file in that AllTuts theme folder?  On your blog, I added a Month List widget, but it doesn't appear to have the correct styling.  Here's what it looks like on my development machine (see image here).  It looks like the reason for the discrepancy is because the widget markup is different, which I believe is because there is no WidgetContainer.cshtml file in the AllTuts folder, so it's defaulting to the generic one.

The reason for the repeating administration links appears to be because the Administration widget has been added several times.  Right now the Edit, Delete and Move links are not appearing, which I believe is connected to the fact that the WidgetContainer.cshtml is missing or not being applied.

Apr 15, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Edited Apr 15, 2012 at 3:44 PM

OK I have the orginal Widgetcontainer.cshtml and site.cshtml both in the AllTuts theme folder but my original issue is still there, I cannot delete widgets.

Coordinator
Apr 15, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I see the theme now (it's looking better), but the original WidgetContainer.cshtml file has a problem.  See my first post above about removing the hyphen.

Once you remove the hyphen, then the Edit, Move and Delete links on the widget should start working.

Coordinator
Apr 15, 2012 at 3:47 PM

And btw, the Edit, Move and Delete links are not easy to see... they are inside the blue header of each of those widgets.

Apr 15, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Thanks for your help Ben, all is well!

I noticed when working with this theme in VWD Express when I try to add a web form the option is not available, is this because it is a razor theme?

Coordinator
Apr 15, 2012 at 3:54 PM

It looks much better now.  I'm not sure offhand why the option to add a web form is not there.  The theme is Razor based, but the web site is still a normal ASP.NET webforms project ... so I would think that you would be able to add a new web form.  If you cannot add it via VWD, as a last resort, you should be able to copy an existing webform and rename it .... or add it to a different project and copy it over.

Btw, you may or may not be aware of this, but the Newsletter widget is known for not working with the Razor themes, unfortunately.

Apr 15, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Thanks Ben since I do need the Newsletter I may think about another theme, AllTuts also does not have a Master page.

Coordinator
Apr 15, 2012 at 4:01 PM

With the Razor themes, the master page is site.cshtml.  It's equivalent to site.master.  It should work with normal web forms too.  For example, if you pull up the Contact page, or Archive page, etc, those are normal web forms that are working off of the site.cshtml master page.

But the Newsletter widget issue cannot be worked around until that widget is changed so it is capable of running in Razor themes.

Apr 15, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Thanks Ben

Apr 16, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Interesting tidbit:

When I open VWD from Webmatrix the ability to open new webforms and other templates is not available, open VDW straight and all the templates are available.

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Hello,

New version of AllTuts theme is available in BE gallery also the source available at github (https://github.com/pjsoni/bethemes).