CS1501: No overload for method 'Send' takes '0' arguments

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls
Sep 9, 2008 at 3:31 PM
Hi,

I am new to this stuff,

I went thru everything and I am getting this error

CS1501: No overload for method 'Send' takes '0' arguments

Line 60: 
Line 61: // Ping the specified ping services.
Line 62: BlogEngine.Core.Ping.PingService.Send();
Line 63:
Line 64: // Send trackbacks and pingbacks.

I have no idea what to do to move forward.

Here is the site,

http://www.fibroids.com/blog/

Thanks,
Judd

Jan 6, 2009 at 8:00 PM
If anyone can help quickly, I am upgrading from 1.3 to 1.4.5 and I'm getting the same error as above.   Any idea how to fix??
Coordinator
Jan 6, 2009 at 8:11 PM
When upgrading to 1.4.5, you'll want to make sure you update all of the files.  For instance, that error appears to be referring to code in the SendPings.cs file under App_Code\Extensions.  The code in digitalcomplexion's post is probably from version 1.3 (or some other past version).  The SendPings.cs code in version 1.4.5 is different.
Jan 6, 2009 at 8:18 PM
Thanks BenAmada - I just tried republishing my App_Code folder to the server and that did the trick, looks like not all the files got uploaded that I intended to.  Thanks!
Jan 29, 2009 at 7:07 PM
Edited Jan 29, 2009 at 7:08 PM
Please remember, this is not a replacement for the core BlogEngine.NET project. This is a place for developers to trial improvements and extensions to the core project - at present improvements are targetted towards the implementation of an integrated media management solution.

Invisible Fence ® replacement batteries
If you currently own an Invisible Fence ® brand pet fence, these batteries meet or exceed manufacturer specifications and will save you money.