Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 20:54:52 GMT

jsonerror: true

Connection: Close

Content-Length: 663

Server: ASP.NET Development Server/

Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8

Cache-Control: private

And the Response Text:

"{"Message":"Invalid web service call, missing value for parameter: \u0027useBlogNameInPageTitles\u0027.","StackTrace":"   at System.Web.Script.Services.WebServiceMethodData.CallMethod(Object target, IDictionary`2 parameters)\r\n   at System.Web.Script.Services.WebServiceMethodData.CallMethodFromRawParams(Object target, IDictionary`2 parameters)\r\n   at System.Web.Script.Services.RestHandler.InvokeMethod(HttpContext context, WebServiceMethodData methodData, IDictionary`2 rawParams)\r\n   at System.Web.Script.Services.RestHandler.ExecuteWebServiceCall(HttpContext context, WebServiceMethodData methodData)","ExceptionType":"System.InvalidOperationException"}"

Apr 21, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Which version of BE are you using?  It is a public release or a developer build?   It looks like you are getting this error when saving on the Settings page?

The error shows that "useBlogNameInPageTitles" is not being passed to the server.  That should work in BE 2.5 ... so just wondering if you might be using some developer build, or modified version of BE.

Is everything else working?  i.e. you can save posts, and save data in other places?

Apr 21, 2012 at 7:31 PM

IS BE 2.5 ,developer build (Web) from this website. not is the source code. the option Use Blog Name in Page Titles is unchecked. the posts page on panel is empty. ?

Apr 22, 2012 at 2:59 AM

You might want to try another browser to see if it makes a difference.

Also if you are able to test with Firefox, when you load the Settings page, I would try checking to see if any JavaScript errors are appearing either right when the page loads or after that.  In Firefox, if you open up the Error Console (Ctrl-Shift-J), that will report any errors that might be occurring.  For example, it could be that a JavaScript file is not loading or a resource file is not loading ... that is leading to this error when you try saving.

In the Firefox Error Console, you'll probably also see this same error that you posted when you try to save settings.  You might want to see if similar errors are coming up on the Posts page.

Also you might want to try posting/leaving a Comment on one of your posts to see if that works.  Just curious if all that works.

Apr 23, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Javascript Error:

Erro: $("a[rel^='prettyPhoto']").prettyPhoto is not a function
Arquivo-fonte: http://localhost/ClicWebsite/js.axd?path=%2fClicWebsite%2fScripts%2fcustom.js
Linha: 13
And More than 20 Alerts:

Alerta: anonymous function does not always return a value
Arquivo-fonte: http://localhost/ClicWebsite/js.axd?path=%2fClicWebsite%2fScripts%2fjquery171dev.js
Linha: 7939

Apr 23, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Edited Apr 23, 2012 at 5:30 PM

FireBug ?

"Short description of the blog"
"Clic Sistemas No bd"

{"name":"Clic Sistemas No bd","desc":"Short description of the blog",

{"Message":"Invalid web service call, missing value for parameter: \u0027showDescriptionInPostList\u0027." }
Apr 26, 2012 at 11:59 AM

These errors could be related to some JavaScript files injected in your page, or in some cases missing or the order is wrong.

One of the errors shows there is code trying to calling the jQuery prettyPhoto plugin, but prettyPhoto doesn't exist.  That's either because the prettyPhoto plugin is not included (i.e. no <script> tag), or the <script> tag is not in the right place.  Probably the Save error you get is not directly related to this, however you might want to look at what code you have that is trying, but failing to call prettyPhoto.  BE doesn't include any prettyPhoto code.

A more suspicious error is it looks like you some jQuery DEV script included (jquery171dev.js), which I'm guessing is a recent build of jQuery (version 1.7.1).  This too is not included with BE.  BE emits its own jQuery script (version 1.5.2 in BE 2.5).  If you have more than one jQuery script injected in the page, that can lead to problems.  If you're in the control panel and using the out-of-the-box BE, there really shouldn't be a jQuery 1.7.1 script tag.  It's not necessarily the case that is causing the Save error, but when I see what appears to be non-standard scripts included on the page, these are potential causes of the errors.