Can't create user in new Blog instance

Topics: Controls
May 6, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Edited May 6, 2012 at 4:17 PM

In 2.6 RC i have created a new Blog, which seemed to work fine, but for some reason the window to create a new user doesn't appear.

Blog was created from Template. Editing other settings works fine.

Edit: Creating it from Primary didn't change this behaviour.

Edit 2: Creating new Blog entries fails as well - i guess it's a problem with write permissions on the server.

May 7, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Ok, i have contacted my hosting provider and had the file-permissions checked. Apparently i do have full access to all these files, but still i can't write posts, can't create jnew user, while i actually CAN delete posts, abd the folder in App_Data\blogs had also been correctly created.

If i try to write a new post and klick Save -  absolutely nothing happens.

May 7, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Are you seeing any error messages when you try to create a new blog entry?  Are you able to update an existing entry?

In the control panel, if you go to Settings -> Advanced and check the box for "Enable error logging" and Save ... first, I'm wondering if the settings actually save.  And after doing this, if you then try to create a new blog post, or edit an editing one, or create a new user, etc, after doing this, look in the App_Data folder to see if there is a logger.txt file.  That may contain some error details.

May 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Ok this is new:

Yesterday i was able to change settings and save them, for example the name of the blog, which was afterwards saved and displayed on the top of the page.

Today i get an error message:

Could not save settings: Access to the path '[...]\BlogEngine\App_Data\blogs\AL1\settings.xml' is denied.

Still i don't understand why the file-structure could be created without problems (no error messages while creating the new child blog).