I want to use the BlogEngine as the foundation for a website, rather than the main focus. I am moving the blog under a subfolder and adding content to the parent folder. The steps I took are below and I have some of it working. The remaining
problem is broken links, like the main title and the permalink and comments. The links that begin with
http://site/blog/post/2008/... are also broken. What other steps do I need to take to fix these links and smoothly move the blog into a subfolder?
J Wolfgang Goerlich
I created a blog subfolder and moved in the following content:
- BlogEngine 1.4.5
- .Net Framework 2.0 SP1
- Visual Studio 2008
- Windows Server 2003 Standard
Update the Utils.cs file:
- User controls folder
Update Posts.cs file:
- Add a AbsoluteBlogRoot, which returns the AbsoluteWebRoot + "/blog/"
- Add RelativeBlogRoot, which returns RelativeWebRoot + "/blog/"
- PermaLink: replace AbsoluteWebRoot with AbsoluteBlogRoot
- RelativeLink: replace RelativeWebRoot with RelativeBlogRoot
Update the site.master theme:
- Replace AbsoluteWebRoot with AbsoluteBlogRoot
I have also been trying to use the blog in a subfolder instead of having it be the main focus. I have tried a different approach though. I haven't finished setting it up, but instead of moving the content into the parent folder I just have links between
the regular site and the blog and will have the blog master page HTML/CSS be a duplicate of the regular site.
You may find this thread interesting: Integrating BE into existing site and multiple sitemaps , because I was discussing this there.
This type of integration seems a bit more difficult than it should be and in WordPress could not be easier. Being that this is such a common and important need, any comparisons between BlogEngine and WordPress should probably cease until integration becomes