Jquery and auto adding Scripts folder

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls
May 29, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Is anyone else having a problem with javascripts from manually adding jquery components into BE 2.6?

For some reason the jquery.js doesn't work with..eg. the countdown control (http://keith-wood.name/countdown.html)  It works in 2.5 but not the new one.. what has changed?

If I remove the two 01-jquery.js from the scripts folder then the control works...but then... .saving pages doesn't!! How can I get other jquery stuff working with v2.6?

Can someone please help me out as it's screwing me up badly :-( 

Many thanks in advance

May 29, 2012 at 3:49 AM

In 2.6 jQuery moved from ~/scripts to ~/scripts/header. Difference is that header folder scripts bundled, minimized and added to header on top, before DOM is loaded while scripts in "script" folder deferred and loaded in parallel with HTML elements.

May 29, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Thanks rtur,

your logic helped me to resolve the issue in the end.

I presume the numbers prefixing the the script files are for execution order? good idea.

Thanks and regards

Oct 1, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Hey, I'm with the same problem, but just reading these answers and making tries didn't work out.

I have a question: all i have to do is include the js file in the folder ~/Scripts/ and than it will be executed? Or do I need to call it somewhere in the html tags of the site.master?

Just including it in the folder isn't working.