Add_Entry.aspx

Jun 8, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Hi, I have implemented thumbnail support for my blogengine and wanted to create a control panel to upload them in Add_Entry.aspx. I seem to be having a weird problem where buttons placed in this page do not post back at all when clicked. Just wondering if there was some code hidden somewhere that is preventing this.

Thanks.

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2012 at 9:19 AM

It sounds like you created a new thumbnail image upload section in Add_Entry?  Do people upload the thumbnails using the Colorbox overlay window?  (the same overlay window used for normal image/file uploads).  If so, one thing to make sure is that your Save button has an OnClientClick property set like how the existing file/image upload buttons are setup.  An example one is this.

<asp:Button runat="server" ID="btnUploadFile" Text="<%$Resources:labels,upload %>"
ValidationGroup="fileUpload" CssClass="btn primary"
OnClientClick="colorboxDialogSubmitClicked('fileUpload', 'uploadFilePanel');" />

The colorboxDialogSubmitClicked function is the key here.  It moves the upload control and button (your entire dialog) back into the <form> tag which is needed in order for a submit button to work.