v2.6 Multi-blog Admin Virtual Directory and Resource Issues

Jun 12, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Edited Jun 12, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I'm encountering a lot of virtual directory JS-loading issues in my multi-blog setup in Administration.  The blogs are upgraded from v2.5 and using the XML File Provider. 

On app restart and entering first blog, be it primary or templated, everything loads properly.  I have duplicated the settings.xml from a default BE 2.6 multi-blog install for testing and set EnableHttpCompression (true) and CompressWebResource (false) to match the default out-of-the-box setup.

I should mention that I'm using ASPNET Membership for SSO integration purposes and so am not storing the CurrentBlogID as the cookie UserData value since the user is already authenticated.  Also, when two different users are using Administration simultaneously, one with admin rights to a single blog and one with admin rights to multiple blogs, the user with admin rights to the single blog rarely encounters problems.  (Can't say 100%.  Still testing.)

Besides JS resources not loading I'm encountering 404s which load on page refresh.  Here are various screenshots to give you an idea.

http://sueetie.com/x/a/2012/be0611a.png
http://sueetie.com/x/a/2012/be0611b.png
http://sueetie.com/x/a/2012/be0611c.png
http://sueetie.com/x/a/2012/be0611d.png

If you think this stems from using ASPNET Membership, any suggestions are very welcome.  

Thanks,
Dave 

Coordinator
Jun 13, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Are you getting those on posts/pages only in admin? I remember issue with file manager Ajax call (GetFiles method). If so, you can try verify it by aborting method call with dummy result:

// admin/AjaxFileManager.aspx.cs
[WebMethod]
public static JsonResponse<FileResponse> GetFiles(string path)
{
	return new JsonResponse<FileResponse>() { Data = new FileResponse(), Success = true, Message = "" };

Check if this will make any difference.

Jun 13, 2012 at 6:30 AM
Edited Jun 13, 2012 at 6:31 AM

Rtur,

Thank you for the help as always.  I made the change to GetFiles() but it had no effect.  It made me look closer at AjaxFileManager.aspx and I made a few changes shown in the screenshot below.  Basically I'm not using CDN and instead of RelativeWebRoots am using ApplicationRelativeWebRoots.

http://sueetie.com/x/a/2012/be0611e.png

Oh, I also changed the "rwr" variable in the CodeBehind GetFiles() to an ApplicationRelativeWebRoot().

I'm still encountering isolated issues loading TinyMCE Editor depending on the sequence of events, but only rarely after the above changes.  An example of tripping the load issue, I went to a secondary blog and created a post.  Then I went to my primary blog and couldn't load the editor from the Dashboard "Write new post" link.  I clicked on Posts Tab and the sidebar Menu.ascx "Write new post" link and that time the editor loaded fine on add_entry.aspx.  

These are latenight desperation hacks.  Will re-evaluate in the light of day and report on anything helpful. 

Thanks,
-Dave