Enclosure does not show in RSS feed

Sep 21, 2008 at 1:00 AM
I have just installed version 1.4.5 to create a new podcast because the feature list says it supports RSS enclosures.

I have turned 'Enable Enclosures' on and have used the file upload on the post to add a mp3 file but it does not show in the RSS feed.

Am I doing something wrong?

Sep 21, 2008 at 8:04 PM
You need to add a link to uploaded file in the post, BE does not do it automatically. Or use extension that will do it for you. Read more on enclosure support here.
Sep 21, 2008 at 9:28 PM
Edited Sep 21, 2008 at 9:36 PM
Thanks for the reply, I did to get it to work but is not very intuitive.  I would like to see some improvements in regards to attachements.  It would also be very nice if the upload file code generated a link that was picked up by the and added to the feed, it currently is ignored.  I had to put in a link manually and then it showed the link in the post, not exactly what I wanted since we want people to get it from the feed.  For a podcast this is very important.

I didn't want the file to be visible on the post but in the feed, so I added it like this <a style="cursor: text; color: #000; text-decoration: none" href="/shows/UGR-00000.mp3"></a>.

Since this is an open source project how would one get involved to try to make some of these improvements? I'd be happy to make some contributions to make it more podcast friendly.

Sep 22, 2008 at 6:29 PM
You can make your changes and submit it as a patch through the Issue Tracker on this site. Then someone from the team will review and implement this patch adding code to the repository.
Sep 22, 2008 at 6:59 PM
Cool, is there a doc on setting up the dev environment?  What version of Visual Studio are you using?

Sep 22, 2008 at 7:21 PM
Currently, it is still VS 2005. You can download source code, open it as web site and then add reference to class library (Core). It is pretty straight forward. You don't need to submit entire project as a patch, just class(es) that were changed and description of changes.