Dashboard error after upgrade

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer
Jun 27, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Hi,

I've just upgraded from 2.0 to 2.6. Most things seems fine, but there are a few strange errors. One of them is that the Dashboard gives an Error with a stacktrace: Part of it:

Ooops! An unexpected error has occurred.

This one's down to me! Please accept my apologies for this - I'll see to it that the developer responsible for this happening is given 20 lashes (but only after he or she has fixed this problem).

Error Details:

Url : http://www.ronnebybloggen.se/admin/default.cshtml

Raw Url : /admin/default.cshtml

Message : Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Source : System.Web.WebPages

StackTrace : at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageHttpHandler.HandleError(Exception e)

at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageHttpHandler.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

TargetSite : Boolean HandleError(System.Exception)

Message : The string was not recognized as a valid DateTime. There is an unknown word starting at index 3.

Source : mscorlib

Coordinator
Jun 27, 2012 at 8:28 PM

This is probably occurring because you are on a non-English version of Windows?

This was addressed a couple of times after 2.6 came out.  The last version that fixed this is here:

http://blogengine.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/020a38cfe363

It's version 2.6.0.10.  If you have Visual Studio available to compile the BlogEngine.Core, you could download that version and build the BlogEngine.Core project to produce a new BlogEngine.Core.dll file for your BIN directory.  That *should* solve this error.

Jul 31, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I'm having exactly the same problem with upgrading from 2.5 to 2.6.

English windows but with slovenian language set.

What can I do if I don't have VS and don't know the source compiling thing? Are there some already compiled things of 2.6.0.10?

Thanks,

Ales.

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Try download latest from here.

Aug 8, 2012 at 7:21 AM

rtur, thanks! Most kind of you.