widgets and child blogs

Topics: Controls
Jun 29, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Hello.  I'm trying to add widgets to child blogs, however, they are getting assigned to the main blog instead.  How do you assign widgets to child blogs?

Jun 29, 2012 at 6:55 PM

This was fixed in - you need to download latest source code version (under "source code" tab), then build it with VS or web dev express 2010. Then you can upgrade your site using newer version. Let me know if you need help with that or run into issues.

Jun 29, 2012 at 7:01 PM

thanks for the reply.  I'm just now finishing a custom theme.  How do I upgrade to latest version ( and not loose my custom theme?  I'm assuming I can just back-up my custom theme folder, then apply install upgrade, then copy custom theme folder back?  Is there another way?

Jun 29, 2012 at 8:04 PM

The version of BlogEngine.Net I was using was the web app project.  Do you have the latest version ( that's set-up as a web app project?   thanks

Jun 29, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Yes, theme is just a folder (normally) you can copy/paste and BE should pick it up.

I don't have WAP version for latest builds, probably will build it this weekend and put at WAP site.