Unable to download attachments - v2.6

Topics: Controls
Jul 2, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Edited Jul 2, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I did a fresh install of v2.6 running on a discountasp.net 4.0 hosted environment.  For the most part everything went as documented.  However, I am not able to download file attachments and cannot view videos in blog posts.

After doing a little searching I found that the download link seems to be the issue.   The url is built like this by default:

/Blog/FILES%2f2012%2f07%2fSample.xlsx.axds

Clicking this link brings the user to "Ooops! I can't find the page you're looking for..."

If the URL is changed to the below, then the file will download.

/Blog/file.axd?file=%2f2012%2f07%2fSample.xlsx

The video control renders as a black area with the "play" button and other video controls, but nothing happens when play is clicked.  I uploaded an mp4 format video and verified that it did get saved to the media folder. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

Jul 18, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Edited Jul 18, 2012 at 8:35 PM

@Paul,

Did you ever resolve this issue?  I'm having the same problem on a live blog, as well as a vanilla test instance, documented here:  http://blogengine.codeplex.com/discussions/374360

Thanks
AJ

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM
No. I didn't get a response and still have the same issue.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Sent: 7/18/2012 2:34 PM
To: paulbfelix@live.com
Subject: Re: Unable to download attachments - v2.6 [blogengine:361675]

@Paul,

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem on a live blog, as well as a vanilla test instance.

Thanks
AJ

Jul 19, 2012 at 1:58 AM
This is not a fix, but it works. Change the link to point to /file.axd and pass the file in the below format as a querystring variable.

LeapFrogBi - For Review.xlsx (21.20 kb)

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 12:34:57 -0700
Subject: Re: Unable to download attachments - v2.6 [blogengine:361675]

@Paul,
Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem on a live blog, as well as a vanilla test instance.
Thanks
AJ
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (blogengine@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email blogengine@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com