Issue with related posts displaying incorrect description

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls
Jul 6, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Hi, I have a blog running the new 2.6 BlogEngine and have noticed that some of the descriptions in the related posts are displaying incorrectly. I am unable to find what is causing this issue. Any body got an idea?? (see example below)

The future is bright - the future is content Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE ...

I have viewed a few other blogs after googling this issue and see that quite a few others have this same issue.

On a separate note, if I have a blog within my blog is there a way for the realted posts to link back and forth between blogs? It does show posts from the other blog but on clicking the link it tries to find the relevant page on the blog you are on so returns a page not found error.

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2012 at 5:43 PM

If by incorrect description you mean not displaying description - check the post.aspx in the site root. It has control declared like "blog:RelatedPosts" with entry which should look like: ShowDescription="true". If it is missing or set to false, you won't see description in the related posts.