is there any way to allow users post blog posts ?

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls
Jul 12, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I am planning to start a blogging website in which I want users to be able to post blogs to support the website.

does blogengine offer this feature of allowing users to post blogs ?

Jul 12, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Yes, built-in "Editors" has permissions set to create and edit posts. You can use "allow self registration" in admin/settings/advanced and set initial role to "Editors" to allow anyone to register and publish posts.

Jul 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Edited Jul 12, 2012 at 8:26 PM

so once the settings have been configured, will those users (editors) will have to go to admin section in order to create blogs or they can do that from front end itself ?

Jul 12, 2012 at 8:38 PM

They'll get admin menu with subset of functionality to add/edit posts.

Jul 12, 2012 at 8:40 PM

ok thank you

could you please answer this:

Jul 13, 2012 at 6:01 PM

So I am testing blog engine and I can see EDITOR role users can do a lot of stuff other than creating blog posts like managing comments, adding and deleting pages, manage blogs, tracking etc

1) Any other way to restrict all these thing and only provide blog posting privileges ? 

2) Right now I have to add users from the administration area, how to allow users and register themselves and then I make make them "Editors" from administration side ?

Jul 13, 2012 at 6:10 PM

ok so I fount the settings for role based.

Now when I allow self-registration, why the user can't see the blog posts ? I have checked the post is not private or anything. its the default post when we install blog engine ?