is there any way to integrate forums on blog engine.net ?

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls
Jul 12, 2012 at 9:47 PM

is there any way to integrate forums on blog engine.net ?

is this feature available or will be available in future ?

Coordinator
Jul 12, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Google says yes :)

Jul 12, 2012 at 10:45 PM

thanks...i already searched on google n read that article...

my purpose of asking question was to know if blog engine comes with an in built forum or have any plan to add forum in future like if its on blog engine roadmap then k wont look into another open source project for forum n will keep blog engine website clean independent

Jul 12, 2012 at 10:58 PM

also im concered that if i integrate 2 solution how editor role will work...i dont want users with editor role to see my forum admin side...so before i start any kind of customization i just wanted to know if blog engine has something so that i can.save customization time of 2 open source projects

Jul 13, 2012 at 2:10 AM
Edited Jul 13, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Pepper,

If you're not familiar with Sueetie, it's a framework that integrates both BlogEngine.NET and YetAnotherForum.NET with single sign-on and application-level role support. Even if you decide not to go with a framework approach, the source code files may be useful in your integration work.  

http://sueetie.com

Good luck,
-Dave

Jul 13, 2012 at 5:11 AM

thank you Dave, that is really helpful.

I am not much familiar with Sueetie, I am reading about it on its website.

could you advise me, how to get start and where to start from ? Is there any tutorial how to integrate YAF with blog engine ?

thanks

Jul 13, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Hey, Pepper. YAF is part of the Open Source release of Sueetie, just like BE.NET.  Here are the Sueetie About and Installation Guide and download pages.  

-Dave

Jul 13, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Edited Jul 13, 2012 at 3:07 PM

thanks Dave

1) so does that means if i install Sueetie, it will include YAF and BE.NET by default (integrated together) ?

2) How the upgrade process work in regard to Sueetie, if Sueetie includes both YAF  and BE.NET, when both open source projects comes with new version, how the upgrade process will work ? will Sueetie provide its own upgrade process to keep up with the latest version of both projects ?

I would deeply appreciate if you could help me n provide me some details..I am really interested in Sueetie now since you have mentioned about it - thanks again for bringing this thing, i never knew about Sueetie.

Jul 13, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Pepper,

Yes, the install includes both.  All you do is set the directories as IIS Applications.  Each Sueetie upgrade includes the latest releases because we like using the latest and greatest, too.  Current version of Sueetie is v4.0 with BE.NET 2.5 and YAF 1.9.5.5.  Sueetie v4.1 planned for late August includes BE.NET 2.6 and YAF 1.9.6.1, both of which are online at Sueetie.com. Sueetie upgrades integrate the application upgrade scripts and website changes which you'll use to replace your site. Here is the most recent Upgrade Guide to give you an idea of what's involved. 

If you want more info, please go to the Sueetie.com forums.  We'll tell you anything you want to know! :)

Thanks,
Dave

Jul 13, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Thank you dave for all the information.

I am seriously interested in the sueetie when you just mentioned that it includes both projects and upgrade too.

I just got registered with Sueetie website and created a topic with my further questions: http://sueetie.com/forum/yaf_postsm2789_what-is-the-difference-between-free-version-and-Enterprise-Plus.aspx#post2789