Moderating posts/post approval

Sep 26, 2008 at 6:42 PM
My organization is considering using BlogEngine.NET. One question I'm sure my management will have is, Is it possible to moderate or create an approval process for the posts themselves? (Not the comments--the posts.) Some of our leadership may be nervous at the idea of lower-level staff having unfettered publishing access to the Web. They are more familiar with our CMS model, where content goes through a workflow with management approving changes at the end.

This isn't necessarily a dealbreaker for us, but it is something I will be asked. Thanks!
Oct 9, 2008 at 7:49 AM
Edited Oct 9, 2008 at 2:43 PM
I second that. Is it possible to moderate or create an approval process for the posts themselves? For me, that goes for comments as well.Thank you very much!
May 14, 2009 at 6:33 AM

My situation is also same. I have recommended BlogEngine.NET to management and they liked it but only issue is moderation. Is there any way to moderate the posts so that editor can only write but can't publish. Only administrator should have rights to publish a post. Is this feature in pipeline?

May 14, 2009 at 2:02 PM

I just went through the same set of discussions. We are still to finalize our decision. We decided to go live anyway but we are still in the hunt for a moderation mechanism for the posts. I suggest we start pouring requirements in this thread and hopefully it will be converted to a work item. I would be willing to contribute in the development, as it is a feature that I do require.

May 14, 2009 at 8:51 PM

With as many replies as this generated, you might want to add it as an issue that people can vote on in the Issue Tracker.

May 15, 2009 at 3:13 AM

Created a workitem,

Please cast your votes there...

Aug 30, 2009 at 4:26 PM

User registration and post moderation... is it possible, how?