Deploy BlogEngine within my site

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Sep 28, 2008 at 1:46 PM
Hi

I have my corporate site with ASP.Net with its own code.  I should like to deploy BlogEngine blog within my site code.  In fact I have put BlogEngine code within Blog Folder within my root older of my site.  Thus...

mysite Root Folder
    App_Code of the main site
    Other folders of my main site
    Blog folder - containing all code all BlogEngine

etc etc.

The idea is that users can browse my  blog with the URL www.mysite.com/blog

Is this possible to do since of course is giving me all kind of compilation errors.  Or there is a better way to do this?

Thanks
Sep 29, 2008 at 11:48 AM
Of course the easiest way to implement your blog would be in a subdomain such as blog.mysite.com. If you want to have it in a subfolder you will first need to convert your /blog subfolder into a virtual directory. After that you will have to sort out the errors you are possibly going to get from /blog/web.config inheriting from ~/web.config. The shotgun approach is to use 
<location path="." inheritInChildApplications="false">
    <system.web> 
<!--anyhing here should not be inherited-->
    </system.web>
</location>

otherwise you can override every offender in your /blog/web.config by using "clear" tags or specifying an alternate or empty such as <pages styleSheetTheme=""... with "" denoting that their is no styleSheetTheme.

Good luck and have fun.
Sep 29, 2008 at 11:56 AM
Hi Taylex...thanks for your reply...

Yes it was mission impossible to incorporated within my side.  Still had to move app_code, resources folder and it was mixing with my site code...Eventually it did worked, but then images were not loading etc...to much hassle.

Sub domain is the easiest solution

Thanks!