I try to use MySQL with the ODBC-driver.

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Oct 8, 2008 at 7:19 AM
Currently my webhotell does not support the MySQL-connector so I thought I should try with the ODBC driver instead.
Well, as I thought, it would not work that well.  

Anyway, the error I get is as follows:

ERROR [HYT00] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.27-community-nt]Column 'ExtensionType' cannot be null Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [HYT00] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.27-community-nt]Column 'ExtensionType' cannot be null

What to do, do you guys have any suggestions what can cause this error. It says that Column 'ExtensionType' canot be null, and the error that is thrown comes from somewhere: 

Line 393:  {
Line 394:    BlogEngine.Core.DataStore.ExtensionSettings xs = new BlogEngine.Core.DataStore.ExtensionSettings(ext.Name);
Line 395:    xs.SaveSettings(ext);  
Line 396:    return true;
Line 397:  }

File: App_Code\ExtensionManager\Manager.cs

Stack trace: 
[OdbcException (0x80131937): ERROR [HYT00] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.27-community-nt]Column 'ExtensionType' cannot be null]
   System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode) +35
   System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, Boolean needReader, Object[] methodArguments, SQL_API odbcApiMethod) +1735
   System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, Boolean needReader) +60
   System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +87
   BlogEngine.Core.Providers.DbBlogProvider.SaveToDataStore(ExtensionType exType, String exId, Object settings) +1028
   BlogEngine.Core.Providers.BlogService.SaveToDataStore(ExtensionType exType, String exId, Object settings) +47
   BlogEngine.Core.DataStore.ExtensionSettingsBehavior.SaveSettings(ExtensionType exType, String exId, Object settings) +75
   BlogEngine.Core.DataStore.SettingsBase.SaveSettings(Object settings) +50
   ExtensionManager.SaveToStorage(ManagedExtension ext) in d:\Domains\malmstroem.info\wwwroot\familjen\App_Code\ExtensionManager\Manager.cs:395
   ExtensionManager.LoadExtensions() in d:\Domains\malmstroem.info\wwwroot\familjen\App_Code\ExtensionManager\Manager.cs:192
   ExtensionManager.ExtensionEnabled(String extensionName) in d:\Domains\malmstroem.info\wwwroot\familjen\App_Code\ExtensionManager\Manager.cs:59
   ASP.global_asax.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\Domains\malmstroem.info\wwwroot\familjen\Global.asax:40

I thought that it would be a nice thing to make the blogengine.net work with mysql over odbc. 

Any ideas? The tables exits, the have data and so on.. so what can it be?