Blogs not populating on admin/blog.aspx page

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Jul 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM

This is the first time I've posted here, but this site is amazingly helpful, except for my current issue.

I am using BlogEngine.NET 2.5 (ASP.NET 4.0) and have 4 blogs. When I go to the blog.aspx page of the Primary blog, the page shows, but it doesn't populate the 4 blogs. Using Firebug, I've acquired the following information:

POST Load Blog (admin/AjaxHelper.aspx)
500 Internal Server Error

"   at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)

at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)

at System.UriBuilder.get_Uri()

at BlogEngine.Core.Blog.get_AbsoluteWebRoot() in E:\Projects\BlogEngine_25_Release\BlogEngine\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\Blog.cs:line 634

at BlogEngine.Core.Json.JsonBlogs.CreateJsonBlog(Blog b) in E:\Projects\BlogEngine_25_Release\BlogEngine\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\Json\JsonBlogs.cs:line 75

at BlogEngine.Core.Json.JsonBlogs.GetBlogs(Int32 page, Int32 pageSize) in E:\Projects\BlogEngine_25_Release\BlogEngine\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\Json\JsonBlogs.cs:line 64

at Admin.AjaxHelper.LoadBlogs(Int32 page, Int32 pageSize) in e:\inetpub\vhosts\...........\httpdocs\admin\AjaxHelper.aspx.cs:line 26"

Exception Type: "System.UriFormatException"

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Jul 19, 2012 at 2:31 AM

There has been fixes related to ajax calls for sub-blogs. The issue was URL used blog root rather than application root in JavaScript. This could be why you getting invalid URL error. If this is possible, upgrade to latest code from "source code" tab, it is stable.

Jul 25, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Edited Jul 25, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I have tried repeatedly to upgrade to 2.6 and it works fine if I use XML, but once I put the connection string information in for the SQL Database (even if I use the specific web.config file for SQL Server), it causes our entire website to go down. (Even with the latest code file.) I'll pull the error data from that test and maybe can get that to work instead of "dealing" with the 2.5 issue.