Lightbox extensión doesn't work!!!

Topics: Controls
Oct 11, 2008 at 11:09 AM
Edited Oct 12, 2008 at 2:29 AM
Dear Gentlemen:

I have installed and tested extensión (in a test server, prior to deploying it in the real one), but i haven't been able to make it work with BE

I have tested it in a static HTML page (using informatión from and it works but not in BE. Any help?

Visit my web:

Greetings from Spain!!!
Oct 12, 2008 at 5:13 PM
Problem solved.

The answer is that i was using data-worx extensión, but i upgraded the scripts of lighbox directory with those from version 2.04 of the official Lightbox2 web site. So i went back to use the  data-worx ones and now everything  is up and OK!!!

Anyway, data-worx extension is outdated and sould be modified to include latest fixes from 2.04 LightBox js!!!

Visit my web:
Jan 13, 2009 at 8:45 PM
Now the website seems to be dead, and René has disappeared...

Does anyone have the extension files for the Lightbox, I really like to try it out
Jan 14, 2009 at 12:12 PM
Jan 14, 2009 at 12:45 PM
Edited Jan 14, 2009 at 12:50 PM
I can't send you the code without authors permission, but you can find the original code at:

Greetings from Spain, Gentleman!!!

P.d.: You can also use

Jan 15, 2009 at 2:15 PM
It wasn't the LightBox extension, it was more the BlogEngine extension.

I did take a look at the extension from GravityCube, but it use the old and not that nice effect as the new LightBox version.

Also, I have this impression that the extensions from René had some more 'features'
Jan 21, 2009 at 5:55 AM
Edited Jan 25, 2009 at 9:14 AM
I ran into this same problem getting lightbox working with BlogEngine.  It turns out the file blog.js contains a function by the same name as a lightbox function.  This function is this:

function $(id)

It's at the very top of the blog.js file.  I just did a search and replace on blog.js for  $(  to  getId(  and all seems to work okay.  If you don't think you'll upgrade lightbox then it might be better to update that file, but it's more complex so I figured it would be easier just to change the blog.js with new version.  Hopefully they'll rename this function in the next version.  :D

EDIT: Found out the function is used elsewhere. Not good. It might be a better idea to rename the function in the lightbox files, rather than blog.js....