Adding new pages

Oct 20, 2008 at 3:25 PM

First I would like to thank the creators of BlogEngine.Net for their time and work, BE.Net is great, I love it.

I have added BlogEngine.Net to my website and now I’m trying to meld the whole thing into one look or style as it were using the same layout and page elements of BE.Net. I have managed to take a theme and adapt it so that the color scheme is the same ( I’m still working on that ) I have even got the menu matching the rest of the site. Here is the site, mind you it is still a work in progress…

So now I’m thinking that rather than make BE.Net look exactly like the rest of the site It would be better to make the rest of the site incorporate a lot of the elements of such as the side bar.

So this is my objective; I want to create new pages that use the BE.Net backend but different “content” area. For instance an “About” page. Another thing I need to change is the blog name and description. While these are perfectly suitable for the blog itself, if I use the same layout or “site.master” page to create the new pages i.e. my “About” page, the blog name and description are kind of out of place so it would be good to be able to alter the header on other pages.

Are there any tutorials or other instructions regarding this kind of thing?

Oct 22, 2008 at 10:18 PM
Edited Oct 22, 2008 at 10:19 PM
i create a new page with this code ....

<%@ Page Language="C#" Inherits="BlogEngine.Core.Web.Controls.BlogBasePage" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="BlogEngine.Core" %>

<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="cphBody" Runat="Server">

(put in the content that i want to show here)

it should then pick up the current active theme

... i am a bit of a novice myself so i am not sure if this is the right way of doing this, but it does work for me so you are using the same theme for pages that you are manually creating.
Oct 24, 2008 at 2:23 PM

my site is html - I am an novice on this and need to know how to incorporate the two. I love the blog and the elements. how can I get the elements together.

thanks a neebie..