2 Questions on Comments

Topics: Controls
Jul 21, 2012 at 3:51 PM

1) Everytime the comment section is shown it prefills the name and email with the information for the last user. I am only doing testing on one machine and so I suspect it may be a cache issue, but I want to make sure.

2) Is there a way to 'enforce' that a user is logged in before they can post a comment? I tried to do this with roles, but it is still possible to submit a comment without being logged in.

Jul 21, 2012 at 6:32 PM

cheyes,

1) BlogEngine.NET creates a cookie when a user comments containing their name, email, website and country.  So not a cache issue.

2) You have granular permissions in BlogEngine.NET based on the user's role.  Admin -> Users -> Roles.

Good luck,

Dave

Jul 23, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Thanks to daveburke for responding.

Regarding my second question, I discovered that create comment was enabled for the ‘Anonymous’ account. Turning it off fixed my problem.

Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2012 1:32 PM
To: cheyes@cfl.rr.com
Subject: Re: 2 Questions on Comments [blogengine:382269]

cheyes,

1) BlogEngine.NET creates a cookie when a user comments containing their name, email, website and country. So not a cache issue.

2) You have granular permissions in BlogEngine.NET based on the user's role. Admin -> Users -> Roles.

Good luck,

Dave

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.2197 / Virus Database: 2437/5147 - Release Date: 07/22/12