How do I use the YouTube Extension?

Oct 29, 2008 at 2:28 AM
OK I have finally figured out how to install the YouTube Extension but I have no idea how to use it?

I tried to copy and paste the embedded you tube code in both the Html side and the other of the post and nothing works?

Am I missing something please help

Oct 29, 2008 at 10:26 AM
Should be somewhere in the documentation, but anyway:

Assuming this is your movie URL (Classic Bob Hope, love it & topical!)

Copy the movie code after the = equal sign. In this example this is the code "srrw_UnlRII". You should remove any trailing arguments (like related) after this code,

Place this movie code inside the following argument:

This will display your movie.

Other comments/tips include:
  • Using IE7 type a square bracket, paste the URL, close the square bracket and then trim down to the above format. Otherwise the pasted URL get's <a tag embedded to it.
  • Be careful how many total YouTube movies you home page (or an individual Blog Post) actually displays. If you're using (Settings) "Only show descriptions of posts" not an issue, but with a Posts per Page = 10 and every post a YouTube, your home page will take sometime to load. I would say three YouTube movies is about the maximum.
  • YouTube are offering high-definition renditions of movies. We could do with some flag options to enable that content choice. Just my $0.02 worth.