Themes not working on 2.5+

Topics: Themes
Jul 29, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Some themes (like sizzle) are not working on Blog Engine 2.5+ versions.

What is the reason ? Actually they are not visible in Admin's Installed themes page.. Sizzle theme for example..

Aug 4, 2012 at 1:53 PM

I'm having the same problem with the version When i add a new theme into the "themes" folder i can select it in the admin interface. I can't download new theme from the gallery, i get an error message : "Error installing package, see logs for details". If it can help, my blog is hosted by GoDaddy. Anybody having a solution, or at least the same problem ?

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:49 AM

I have the same problem. When I try to download a theme from the gallery, I get the same error message as Doots.

I also tried downloading a theme from BlogEngine.NET gallery and then upload it manually using a ftp-client. But I can't see it in the admin interface (Appearance/Thems/Installed). The theme I tried to install is Yoko.

Did anybody find a solution yet?

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:08 AM

I found a workaround using the answer that rtur gave in this discussion:

The key is to rename the manually uploaded theme. In my case I renamed the folder "Yoko" to "Man_Yoko". I waited for a refresh and it worked. Only thing I had to do next was to change the references in the code from "Yoko" to "Man_Yoko".

Still don't know why I can't use the Gallery in the admin interface, but at least it works now.