Password for Child Blog

Aug 1, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I'm new to BE.  I have BE admin privileges and created a child blog.  How do I set the initial password for the new child blog?

Thank you.

ps.  This page has "Please select at least one below: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls, and Themes."  My question doesn't seem to fit into any of those topics.  What's the protocol?  Thank you again.

Coordinator
Aug 1, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Same as with main blog: when you create child blog, admin account with "admin" password generated automatically.

1. Log in to child blog as admin/admin, create new account and give it admin role. If you also want to keep "admin", change password.

2. Log admin off, then log in using new account and remove default "admin" if you don't want it.

Aug 1, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Thank you.  Tried that, but trying to login with 'admin' and the same password I used for the main account raises "Login failed" error.

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Did you try admin/admin? When you create child blog, you select existing blog to copy from, and account info copied from that blog at the moment of creation. So if you changed main password after that, it can be different from you main blog. In any case you can reset admin password by going to /app_data/blogs/blogname/users.xml and doing reset lost password.

Aug 2, 2012 at 2:09 AM

admin/admin worked.  I'm a dope.  Thank you so much.