Aug 4, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Hi guys,

I replaced my 'relatedposts.cs' file in 'control' folder with one from the net in order to make image thumbnails show up in blog post previews..unfortunately it has messed up my blog so that when i click on the post, i get the following error message

Please help!

-------------------------

Error Details:

Url : http://www.halalbangers.com/mash/post.aspx?id=a50def6c-cc25-4802-8b5c-f1d0d326c3b3

Raw Url : /mash/post/2012/08/03/Spicy-Basil.aspx

Source : System.Web

StackTrace : at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding)

at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseFile(String physicalPath, VirtualPath virtualPath)

at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseInternal()

at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse()

at System.Web.Compilation.BaseTemplateBuildProvider.get_CodeCompilerType()

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvider.GetCompilerTypeFromBuildProvider(BuildProvider buildProvider)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.ProcessBuildProviders()

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild()

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean throwIfNotFound)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp)

at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)

at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String virtualPath, String path)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.MaterializeHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

TargetSite : Void ParseString(System.String, System.Web.VirtualPath, System.Text.Encoding)

StackTrace : at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessException(Exception ex)

at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding fileEncoding)

at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding)

TargetSite : Void ProcessException(System.Exception)

StackTrace : at System.Web.UI.TagPrefixTagNameToTypeMapper.System.Web.UI.ITagNameToTypeMapper.GetControlType(String tagName, IDictionary attribs)

at System.Web.UI.MainTagNameToTypeMapper.GetControlType2(String tagName, IDictionary attribs, Boolean fAllowHtmlTags)

at System.Web.UI.MainTagNameToTypeMapper.GetControlType(String tagName, IDictionary attribs, Boolean fAllowHtmlTags)

at System.Web.UI.RootBuilder.GetChildControlType(String tagName, IDictionary attribs)

at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.CreateChildBuilder(String filter, String tagName, IDictionary attribs, TemplateParser parser, ControlBuilder parentBuilder, String id, Int32 line, VirtualPath virtualPath, Type& childType, Boolean defaultProperty)

at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessBeginTag(Match match, String inputText)

at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding fileEncoding)

TargetSite : System.Type System.Web.UI.ITagNameToTypeMapper.GetControlType(System.String, System.Collections.IDictionary)

Coordinator
Aug 4, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Look under "source code" tab on this page, navigate to version you are using and download related posts file for this version. Replace one that is not working - if all you are trying to do is to roll back the changes.

Aug 5, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Hi rtur,

do you mean look at source code on the error page? And where do I download relatedposts file from? I've looked online, found one or two and downloaded them but they did not do the trick.

Thanks

Coordinator
Aug 5, 2012 at 6:54 PM

No, there is "source code" tab on top of this page that has every version of BE. There is a list and every major check-in has a number like "(2.6.0.18)" etc. Find one that corresponds your version and then click a link inside that item, it should look something like "24ec1f9f4723". It will load a page with "download" link on top that you can use to download all source files for this specific version. If you don't know what version you are using, you can right-click "BlogEngine.Core.dll" in the "bin" folder of your website and check "file version" under "details" in the properties pop-up.

Aug 5, 2012 at 8:53 PM

thank you very much, i replace the relatedpost.cs file..

now to get my actual site out of that runtime error...